8/7/10 Expatriate Tax Seminar with Geoff Taylor from Majenda Online, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Thursday 8 July 2010
6:45pm - 8:00pm
(straight after the free Welcome to Sydney event that starts at 6:00pm on the same day)
FREE EVENT - Reserve your space now!
On 24 May 2010, Karine Pham, our Newcomers Network Sydney Representative suggested that we host a seminar on Expatriate Tax. This amazing woman has organised Geoff Taylor (one of our advertisers from Majenda Online http://www.majenda.com) to run the FREE session in Sydney on 24 June 2010 and in Melbourne on 29 July 2010 and again in Sydney on 8 July 2010 after the Welcome to Sydney event. He will cover:
1. What deductions can I claim? e.g. travel, home office, laptop, donations etc.
2. What income is taxable? e.g. is overseas income taxable in Australia?
3. Which countries have Double Tax Agreements with Australia and how do they work?
4. How much tax will I have to pay?
5. Can I get access to my superannuation if I return to my home country? If so, is there any tax payable?
6. Is there any tax on overseas capital transfers?
7. What investments can I buy while I am in Australia?
Karine Pham, Sydney Representative of Newcomers Network
Mobile/Cell Phone 0450 637 414
Geoff Taylor, Managing Director of Majenda Online
Mobile/Cell Phone 0418 607 768
PLEASE arrive at The Piano Bar by 6:45pm and at 7:00pm the group will move to the Canberra Room and the presentation will be started.
Level 1 (next to the Restaurant) The Menzies Hotel
14 Carrington Street
Sydney New South Wales 2000
18:45 - 20:00 (6:45pm - 8:00pm)
The Menzies Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Sydney CBD, overlooking Wynyard Park.
This event is designed to provide you with some basic information about expatriate tax to help you navigate this complex area. Geoff will go through some general principles and have time available at the end to discuss more specific circumstances with you personally.
We can host up to 20 guests, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
9. On arrival
You will be given a name tag and can start networking with the other guests. The presentation will commence promptly at 6:15pm.